Code of Conduct
Nitrogen empowers the world to invest fearlessly. We achieve this by serving as a platform for engaging, thought-provoking conversations and experiences. However, the Fearless Investing Summit is not a place for inappropriate, off-topic, disruptive, abusive, or illegal behavior.
This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for all Fearless Investing Summit participants. Event organizers will enforce this code and expect cooperation from all event participants (e.g., speakers, attendees, media, sponsors, exhibitors, and staff) to help us promote a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
Nitrogen expects its event participants to communicate professionally and constructively, whether in person or virtually, handling dissent or disagreement with courtesy, dignity, and an open mind, being respectful when providing feedback, and being open to alternate points of view.
Nitrogen defines inappropriate behavior as that which undermines the spirit of Fearless Investing Summit, including any form of written, verbal or physical abuse or threats, the use of derogatory or discriminatory language, gestures or actions, any form of harassment, racism, sexism, or any other targeted comments which may violate any local, state or federal laws before, during or after the Fearless Investing Summit while on-site or while engaging in any online aspect of the event.
This also includes obeying rules and regulations set forth by the venue, including possessing alcoholic beverages in areas not specifically designated for alcohol consumption, smoking and vaping other than in designated areas, and possessing any illegal substance such as narcotics.
Health & Safety Requirements
Nitrogen expects all event attendees to follow public health guidelines regarding safety, hygiene, and local COVID-19 ordinances, including routine hand washing, staying home if you are sick, and other illness prevention measures.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Nitrogen may take action in its discretion to address any individual(s) or group(s) that fails to meet the standards outlined in this Code of Conduct, including, without limitation, warning the offender, revoking the violating parties’ credentials without refund, canceling the event’s host hotel reservation, and/or banning the offender from future Nitrogen events and activities. All determinations are at the event organizer’s and its representatives sole discretion and are considered final.
What To Do
Please contact [email protected]
All suspected violations of the law should be reported to local law enforcement. For emergencies, immediately dial 9-1-1.
Terms of Service
- 1. Agreement. These Terms is between “Participant” (or “you”) and Nitrogen, Inc (“Riskalyze” or “Our”) relating to an event operated by or on behalf of Nitrogen, including a conference, exhibition, convention, congress, summit, seminar, webinar, meeting, workshop, or similar gathering (the “Event”). Our principal place of business is at 470 Nevada Street, Auburn, California 95603 in the United States.
- 2. Acceptance. You may only register for and attend the Event in accordance with these Terms. To register for the Event, you must complete the Event registration process and pay any applicable registration fee. Event registration is subject to availability and may close earlier than the posted deadline, as determined in our sole discretion. We may also change the Event program at any time, in our sole discretion. You will at all times comply with the Participant Code of Conduct detailed in these Terms.
- 3. Recordings and Your Materials. You grant us, Our affiliates, and Our contractors the right to record, film, photograph, and capture Your voice and image in any media at the Event (the “Recordings”). You grant to Nitrogen and its affiliates, agents, employees, and assigns an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, and translate, for any purpose relating to Our business, all or any part of the Recordings. We may edit the Recordings, use them alone or together with other information, and allow others to use and disseminate them.
- 4. Not Investment Advice. The Services are for business management purposes only and do not constitute investment advice or an investment recommendation offered by Nitrogen. Nitrogen is not registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as an investment advisor or a broker-dealer. You agree and acknowledge that Nitrogen, its employees and its agents, are not financial advisors, financial planners or broker-dealers, and cannot advise you or your clients through the Services or otherwise. You acknowledge that Nitrogen and/or its affiliates may earn revenue from third parties based on your use of the Services, such as our trading products and the various portfolio models and/or products available on the Nitrogen Partner Store. You agree and acknowledge that Nitrogen makes no representation as to the suitability of the Event of any Event content for any purpose, and Nitrogen will not be held liable in any way for any consequences or damages that may arise through your use of the Services.
- 6. Intellectual Property Rights. All intellectual property rights in and to the Event and in the content relating to the Event are the property of Nitrogen or its third-party content providers. We may provide a license to third parties, to use the Content at our sole discretion. Participants may use the Event content for their own business purposes, but no Participant may resell Event content without express written permission of Nitrogen. Any request for permission to republish, reprint or use for any other purpose any of the content or intellectual property should be sent by email to [email protected].
- 7. Code of Conduct. Each Participant shall: (a) observe the rules, policies and procedures of the Event venue including in relation to health and safety and any reasonable instructions issued by Nitrogen and/or the management of the Event venue, and (b) behave in a respectful, professional and appropriate way that does not breach applicable locate, state, or federal laws or regulations or that interferes with the
professional conference experience of other participants, or that risks bringing the Event, Nitrogen, or its sponsors into disrepute. Failure to abide by this Code of Conduct may result in temporary removal or permanent dismissal from the event without refund.
- 8. Compliance with Applicable Laws. You represent and warrant that you and your financial institution(s) used to fund any fees required for the Event are not subject to sanctions or otherwise designated on any list of prohibited or restricted parties, or owned or controlled by such a party, including but not limited to the lists maintained by the United Nations Security Council, the U.S. government (e.g., the U.S. Department of
Treasury’s Specially Designated Nationals list and Foreign Sanctions Evaders list and the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Entity List), the European Union or its member states, or other applicable government authority. You certify that you have confirmed with an appropriate ethics official that there are no federal, state, local, or institutional ethics or procurement laws, regulations, or rules that restrict or prohibit your attendance at the Event or would otherwise create a conflict of interest for Nitrogen.
- 9. Termination. By You. If registration fees or other fees are required for the Event, cancellation and a full refund is allowed up until sixty (60) days prior to the Event start date. By Us. We may cancel the Event at any time for reasons including, for example, availability or suitability of venue or speakers or on security, health, or safety grounds, and we may deny, limit, or cancel your Event registration at any time. We are not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation. If we cancel the Event or your registration, and you are in compliance with these Terms, we will issue you a refund of your Event registration fee in accordance with the refund policy. Upon termination, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and Nitrogen have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time while the Terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, will be unaffected by this termination, including the provisions of the “General Legal Terms” and “Conflict of Laws” sections below.
- 10. Refund Policy. All 2024 Fearless Investing Summit Event registrations can be cancelled and receive a full refund if emailed to [email protected]
by Wednesday, July 31, 2024. Past this date, attendees will be able to roll over their attendance to the next Fearless Investing Summit or transfer the registration to another attendee up until Monday, September 2, 2024.
- 11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NITROGEN , ITS OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR:
1. ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS;
2. ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF THE ACTIONS OF YOU, NITROGEN , OR ANY OF THE EVENT’S OR NITROGEN ’S SPONSORS OR VENDORS;
3. ANY FORCE MAJEURE EVENT;
4. ALL OF THE LIMITATIONS ON NITROGEN ’S LIABILITY TO YOU WILL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT NITROGEN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF NITROGEN , ITS OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OR ACTION EXCEED FIFTY UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($50.00).
- 12. Indemnification You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Nitrogen, its officers and directors, its affiliates or subsidiaries, their sponsors, contractors, advertisers, vendors or their partners, and any of their successors or assigns, and any of their respective officers, directors, agents or employees (the “Released Parties”) from any loss, damages, liabilities, costs, expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, claims and proceedings arising out of or relating to: (a) your attendance at the Event; and (b) any alleged breach of the Terms by you.
- 13. Force Majeure. In this clause, “Force Majeure” means circumstances which are beyond our reasonable control and which are reasonably likely to affect the successful delivery of the Event or would make it inadvisable, impracticable, illegal, or impossible for us to host the Event or perform our obligations under these Terms, including circumstances, which directly affect the Participants in their home countries resulting in a material percentage of the Participants being reasonably likely to be prevented from attending the Event.
- 14. General Legal Terms. You agree that if Nitrogen does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Terms (or which Nitrogen has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Nitrogen’s rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to Nitrogen. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of the Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable. The Terms, and your relationship with Nitrogen under the Terms, will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any dispute regarding the interpretation or enforcement of the terms will be decided by confidential, final and binding arbitration conducted by a mutually agreed to arbitrator located within the County of Placer, State of California, United States of America. The filing fees and arbitrator’s fees and costs in such arbitration will be borne by the non-prevailing party. The parties will be entitled to reasonable discovery of essential matters as determined by the arbitrator. In the arbitration, the parties will be entitled to all remedies that would have been available if the matter were litigated in a court of law. Notwithstanding this, you agree that Nitrogen will still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction. Nitrogen may assign any or all of its rights hereunder to any party without your consent. You are not permitted to assign any of
your rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of Nitrogen, and any such attempted assignment will be void and unenforceable.
Last Modified September 27, 2023
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect the following types of information:
- Customer Information.When you establish a Nitrogen account, we ask you for personal information, which may include your name, address, email address, credit card information, phone number, corporate affiliation and other personal information provided by you. We use this data to provide and personalize the Services for you and to bill for the Services provided.As a representative of other Customers or Users, you may choose to collect or store data or direct another entity to collect or store data for other individuals or entities in Nitrogen and utilize the Services to process that information according to our Terms of Service. In providing or directing another entity to provide information for an individual or entity other than yourself, you certify that you have the appropriate rights, consents, and permissions to do so and accept all liability for damages resulting from inappropriate collection or processing of this information occurring as the result of your action or inaction.
- Contact Information.In addition to the aforementioned collection of contact information, you may be asked for your email address or other personal contact information for promotions, event registration or to fulfill support requests. We may also acquire your contact information through a third-party service or marketing partner. We will not share your contact information with third parties unless expressly granted permission to do so by you. We use contact information to communicate with you as necessary to provide the services or respond to your requests. We may also use it to send you promotional offers. When communications are not necessary to provide services or respond to your requests, opt-out options will be provided to you at the time of receiving the communication.
- Log Information.When you access the Services, our servers automatically record certain information in an industry-standard way. These logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, specific fields involved in your request or action and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. We use logs to improve the quality of our services, maintain our security posture, debug problems, track User trends, and maintain records for compliance with laws or our contract with you or your governing entities.
- User Communications.Any messages, email, phone, web conference or other communications that you send to Nitrogen or send using the Services may be retained so that we can process your inquiries, respond to your requests or improve the quality of our services.
- Aggregated/anonymous information.Nitrogen may also collect or aggregate User information on an anonymous basis, which does not personally identify you, and disclose the aggregate or anonymous data to prospective partners or other outside parties for their use. Nitrogen may also use this aggregate or anonymous information for various other business purposes, including without limitation, the creation and sale of other products to our customers and potential customers.
In addition to the business uses mentioned above, we may utilize any User data to assist you with support requests, to troubleshoot problems, to meet the obligations of an agreement between you and us, or to monitor and improve the performance and effectiveness of the Services.
We may collect other information about you, informing you of the collection and use at the time of collection. We may also continue to ask you for personal information to renew the fidelity of the information you provided previously, to verify your identity, to provide you with new or improved Services that require additional information, or to improve the Services in new ways. Whenever possible, we will ensure that requests for information are appropriately marked as required or optional as they relate to providing the Services.
Third party cookie providers used include those from Facebook, Google, Hotjar, Hubspot, LinkedIn, Microsoft, OptinMonster, and Twitter.
|Type of Cookies Utilized||Description||How to Manage Settings|
|Strictly Necessary||These cookies are strictly necessary to the functionality of a website. Examples are authentication cookies used to keep you logged in and those used to increase the security of the site.||You may opt out by choosing not to use the Services.|
|Functional Cookies||These cookies are used to persist your personal preferences between sessions. Without these cookies, you would need to set these preferences each time you started a new session.||You may opt-out of these cookies when they are not anonymized.
You are free to change your preferences regarding functional cookies with us at any time by clicking the link in the paragraph above this table to open our preference center.
|Performance Cookies||These cookies are used to understand how Users interact with the Services, how the Services perform, and to alert us when something goes wrong.||You may opt-out of these cookies when they are not anonymized.
You are free to change your preferences regarding performance cookies with us at any time by clicking the link in the paragraph above this table to open our preference center.
|Marketing Cookies||These cookies are used to deliver advertising that is more relevant to you and your interests. They may also be used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Advertising networks usually place them with the website operator’s permission.||You are free to change your preferences regarding marketing cookies with us at any time by clicking the link in the paragraph above this table to open our preference center.
You can also visit the DAA at youradchoices.com or the NAI at optout.networkadvertising.org for additional information about opting-out of marketing-related tracking activities.
“Do Not Track” (DNT) Settings
Location of Processing
Nitrogen processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and may do so in other countries. In some cases, unless otherwise prohibited by a superseding agreement, we may process personal information outside your own country. For more information about where your data may be processed, contact [email protected].
We do not sell or rent personally identifiable information about current or former Users to third parties. We may share User information with Nitrogen subsidiaries or affiliated companies in order to properly service your account or provide an agreed upon service. In compliance with applicable laws, we may disclose information we collect about our Users and former Users, as described above, to nonaffiliated businesses and service providers such as the following, who we have also shared information with in the last 12 months:
- Companies acting as our service providers, including those used to provide hosting, IT services, data analytics, research, and credit card processing.
- Companies that perform services for us or on your behalf, including the asset managers, investment strategists and fund companies who manage your assets;
- Companies who provide a technology service that is integrated with Nitrogen, when you have enabled that integration in your Nitrogen account (you should ensure that you only connect trusted services to your Nitrogen account);
- Companies that participate in joint marketing activities with us;
- Financial services companies (such as your custodian and brokers or dealers) who effect transactions on your behalf;
- Other organizations, with your consent or as directed by your representative or controller; and
- Companies participating with us in a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or business exchange.
These companies are required to treat your private information with the same high degree of confidentiality that we do and only for the services for which they are engaged.
We may also disclose information to non-affiliated parties as allowed by law, when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce any applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm or damages to the rights, property or safety of Nitrogen, its Users or the public as required or permitted by law. If Nitrogen is ordered by a legal process or government to provide data about one or more individual Users, we will notify those Users of our compliance with that order, to the extent permitted by law.
In addition, we may develop, use, distribute and publish information and statistics derived from your data and the content that you contribute for use on an anonymous, aggregate basis. This particular use of your data and content will not result in the distribution or publication of any personally identifiable information.
Deleting Your Information
We believe that your data belongs to you, and therefore, you may delete your account at any time that you choose. To request that your account be deleted, please contact us at [email protected]. Because of the way we maintain the Services to protect the integrity of your data, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted, and your data may remain in our backup systems. However, our systems are architected so that your data will drop out of active use for all the uses that we described above.
Information We Do Not Collect
We do not intentionally collect or process personal information for individuals who are deemed to be children under applicable Data Protection Laws. Customers using the system may direct Nitrogen to process this information only when they follow the appropriate steps as determined by applicable Data Protection Laws. When Nitrogen identifies that information for children has been collected using the Services in a manner that does not comply with applicable law, we will take appropriate steps to delete that information.
Want to report a security concern?
Please visit our security response page at Nitrogen.com/security or email us at [email protected].
Additional Information for California Users
In addition to the information above, we provide the following information to California Users according to our obligations under California data protection laws:
Sources of Personal Information Collected
All of the categories of personal information we collect about you (as detailed below) come from the following types of sources:
- From you or your representatives, including through your use of our services.
- Automatically collected from you or your representatives.
- Automatically through your or your representative’s activity on our websites.
- From our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- From third parties that interact with us in connection with the services we provide.
Categories of Personal Information Collected in the Last Twelve Months
|Category||Business Purpose for Collection|
|Identifiers (e.g., address, date of birth, email, phone numbers, credit card information)||Marketing (such as to communicate with you about promotional offers or other advertised opportunities, to analyze data, generate aggregate statistics for marketing purposes, social media or other electronic campaigns or communications, co-marketing with partners, to organize and promote events, and other purposes disclosed at the time of collection or agreed upon by you)
Operational (such as to provide the service as advertised or agreed upon, customer service, process payments, improve the services or offer new services, comply with applicable law, identify or prevent fraud or information security incidents, coordinate with third parties and service providers, and any other actions which might be necessary to run a business)
|Commercial information (e.g., usage and purchasing history and communications between us and you)||Marketing (see examples above)
Operational (see examples above)
|Internet or other similar network activity (e.g., your interaction with our websites and cookie information)||Marketing (see examples above)
Operational (see examples above)
|Inferences drawn from other personal information (e.g., preferences, sentiment or risk tolerance information)||Marketing (see examples above)
Operational (see examples above)
Your Rights and Choices
Subject to certain restrictions, California residents have certain rights as described below. As a California resident, you also have the right to designate an agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. This section also describes how to exercise these rights and what to expect from us when you do so. If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us either through our email at [email protected] or call us at 844-464-8764.
Accessing and Deleting Your Personal Information
- Right to request access to your personal information. California residents have the right to request that we disclose what categories of personal information we collect, use, disclose or sell about you. You may also request the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you. However, we may withhold some information where the risk to you, your personal information, or our business is too great to disclose the information.
- Right to request deletion of your personal information. You may also request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from/about you. However, we may retain personal information as authorized under applicable law, such as personal information required as necessary to provide our services, protect our business and systems from fraudulent activity, to debug and identify errors that impair existing functionality, as necessary for us, or others, to exercise their free speech or other rights, comply with law enforcement requests pursuant to lawful process, for scientific or historical research, for our own internal purposes reasonably related to your relationship with us, or to comply with legal obligations. Of course, we also need certain types of information so that we can provide our services. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to utilize our services to their full potential.
For security purposes, we may request additional information from you to verify your identity when you request to exercise your California privacy rights so we can reasonably verify you are eligible to make such a request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request electronically within 45 days of its receipt and will notify you if we require more time. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights and do not have an account with us, feel free to contact us as discussed above and we will request additional information to perform identity verification where possible. If you are a Client of one of our Customers, please contact them first as we are most often unable to comply without their direction.
Sale of Personal Information
California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. Nitrogen does not sell your personal information as we understand that term to be defined by the CCPA and its implementing regulations, nor have we done so in the last 12 months.
California residents have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights as described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.
Last Modified September 27, 2023