The Social Advisor Guide
At Nitrogen, we’re always on the lookout to make advisors’ lives easier and better, so we’ve done some digging to create a handy social media infographic for advisors. How important is social media to your practice? It turns out, it’s really important.
25% of ultra-high-net-worth investors are regular LinkedIn users, and 85% of financial advisors use social media for their marketing efforts. And advisors that utilize social media grow their AUM by an average of 9.3 million.
Here are the top tactics to gain AUM on LinkedIn:
- Publish long form content
- Post to groups/pages
- Use advanced search to prospect
- Request recommendations
- Write recommendations
Here are the top tactics to gain AUM on Facebook:
- Use paid promotion to boost content views
- Set up a business or company page
- Request Friend connections
- Create sponsored ads
- Post business content
There are also certain rules that should be followed when using social media for your business including:
- Maintaining Records (SEC Rule 17a-4(b)): Even distributed internally, all social media posts need to be preserved for a period no less than 3 years.
- Suitability Rules (NASD Rule 2310): Make sure any recommendations on social media are relevant to the whole audience.
- Supervision (NASD Rule 3010): Each firm is required to establish and maintain a system to supervise the social media activities of each person associated with the firm.
- Don’t Forget About FINRA (Rule 2210) Spot checks will be performed on a more regular basis and findings from these spot checks will further define regulations on social media.
And, it doesn’t stop there. We also have strategies for you to help generate leads through social media and increase AUM.
- Use Sales Navigator
- Use Publishing
- Use Slideshare
- Treat your Facebook page like a website
- Use Facebook ads
- Create Events
- Take Advantage of Twitter Cards
- Host Contests
- Sponsor Promoted Tweets
For more details on these strategies, follow the link below to view and download the complete guide for yourself.